Hosting An Event And Need To Find A Melbourne Catering Company? Peter Hayton Offers His Top 10 Tips To Help You Find A Caterer Or Catering Company In Melbourne That Will Meet Your Expectations.
I work in catering in Melbourne, a city with an international reputation for the best in cuisine. Naturally, Melburnians are demanding so Melbourne catering companies have to be on the ball.
Regardless of the style of event you are planning, and no matter where in the world you are, these tips can apply to finger food catering, corporate catering, function catering and party catering events.
Caterers need to work with you, their role is to share the vision of your event, contribute to the planning and give you the confidence that they will deliver to the level you desire. When you are at the stage to consider your venue or wedding venue is the perfect time to instruct a caterer.
To find the caterer to perfectly complement your event, you should consider the following:
- Previous success: A good caterer will be proud of their portfolio of events and be happy to show you examples.
- Creativity: Your event needs to reflect what you want, a good caterer works with you to enhance and contribute ideas to your event.
- Vision: A good caterer is able to understand what you want to achieve and work towards your goals, not force you to accept their ideas.
- Food quality: Insist on sample dishes to test the quality of their cuisine.
- Food preparation: Ask for a tour of their premises and to see the kitchen in action.
- Detail: The devil is in the detail. You are planning an event in which everything must work seamlessly – this takes detail and planning.
- Personality: You will be working closely with your caterer, so you need to hit it off.
- Delivery: Ensure they are able to turn up, set up and deliver to your expectations.
- Size does matter: a good catering company will be able to give you specific details regarding staff requirements.
- On call: You should be able to reach your caterer and speak to them throughout during the lead up to and on the day of your event.
Peter Hayton of ACC Advanced Catering Concepts has established his catering business by providing quality creative catering. Peter spends the year staging major catering events – his client résumé includes the Rolling Stones, Cirque de Soleil and England’s Barmy Army. With their exclusive selection of extraordinary Melbourne venues, Peter and his team are able to create and manage any size event you desire.
Peter is based in Cheltenham, Melbourne, Australia, and can be contacted on: 03 9555 4000.